- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-02-13
- Department: Business Office
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Business Office is seeking a part-time College Assistant to assist with the daily operations of the office. The College Assistant will report to the Assistant Vice President for Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Assistant Vice President for Finance in the review of documents and correspondence.
o Proofread monthly Business Office Advisory.
· Coordinate the submissions of vendor data between payees (vendors and individuals) and CUNY Vendor Management Unit (VMU).
o Work closely with Purchasing and Accounts Payable departments.
o Requires setting up tracking system (spreadsheet or database).
o Interface with College departments and payees as needed.
o Follow up with VMU as needed.
· Prepare spreadsheets (depending on skill level) –
o Tuition and Fee revenue.
o Tracking tax levy budget allocations.
o Other spreadsheets as needed.
· Assist in the preparation of manual of State Financial System (SFS) screens and reports to be used by Business Office staff.
· Maintain certain transactions in a database.
· Develop database (depending on skill level).
· Assist with the College’s Records Retention project.
· Review Business Office web pages.
o Review content of Business Office web pages.
o Follow up on requested changes and updates.
o Research other College and University web pages.
· Other projects as assigned.
· High school diploma
· Be proficient in Excel.
· Good writing skills preferred.
· Working knowledge of Access database software preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
$15.00-$18.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to:
Business Office College Assistant Search
The Graduate Center, CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Email Address: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.