- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-18-13
- Department: Ph.D. Program in History
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The College Assistant for the Ph.D. Program in History will provide administrative support to the Assistant Program Officer (APO) and the Executive Officer (EO) of the Program. Under the APO’s supervision, the College Assistant’s duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- search for and contacting alumni through social networks (primarily
Academic.Edu, Facebook and LinkedIn) and university websites;
- annotation of PDF documents with metadata for ease of use and
- design visually-appealing fliers and other promotional materials for
conferences and talks
- build and maintain spreadsheet databases related to alumni and
current student progress
- manipulate images of archival and other types of documents to
render them appropriate for optical character recognition
- build faculty pages in accordance with best practices as recognized
by the Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
Scanning documents and posting messages to the GC Commons site.
Maintaining contact lists for potential applicants and of alumni.
Maintaining address information for all students and faculty members within the History program.
Taking minutes during meetings, posting and distributing.
Preparing documents for meetings.
Helping with the elections process for the various History program committees.
Assisting in scheduling the Frist, Second, Final and Language Examinations.
Preparing communications regarding the Second Examination announcement letters.
Assisting with special events.
Maintaining files of syllabi and faculty evaluations. Assisting the APO in gathering these documents.
Inventorying and ordering office supplies.
Other duties and special projects as assigned by the APO.
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, WordPress, Kentico, CUNY Academic Commons, Banner
Ability to take initiative
$12.00 per hour
20 per week
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and the names and email addresses of 3 professional references to:
Ph.D. Program in History College Assistant Search
The Graduate School and University Center/CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.