Clinical Professor and Coordinator (Non-Tenure Track) - Public Health Practice
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 9452
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Click Here to apply
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching and research duties. Clinical Professors are highly-experienced practitioners or teachers who hold full-time, non-tenure track positions.
The City University of New York School of Public Health (CUNY SPH) invites applications for a Clinical Professor to teach undergraduate and graduate students; supervise field placements; work with faculty and staff to create and manage public health practice initiatives at the School; and, with the Director for Public Health Practice and Community Engagement, provide overall leadership and coordination of the Office of Public Health Practice (OPHP) and the CUNY SPH Public Health Practice and Community Engagement Network. This 9-month, tax levy-funded appointment (with the possibility of an additional one to three month (summer) appointment for research and/or administrative responsibilities) will be made at the rank of Clinical Professor (non-tenure track).
The CUNY SPH is a consortial school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter and Lehman Colleges and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, with a focus on urban health.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses related to public health practice.
- Supervise field placements.
- With the Director for Public Health Practice and Community Engagement, identify and develop promising opportunities for public health practice partnerships in New York City, the United States and, as appropriate, internationally.
- Serve as liaison with members of the CUNY SPH Public Health Practice and Community Engagement
- Establish and provide support for Network and SPH leadership committees on public health practice.
- Hire and supervise support staff on projects and activities related to public health practice.
- Manage the work of a staff team whose responsibilities include program coordination, data collection/entry, topical research, evaluation, etc. related to the School's public health practice portfolio.
- Monitor grant and cooperative agreement budgets for practice partnerships, ensuring appropriateness of all expenditures.
- Provide oversight and direction in the reporting of goals/objectives and outcomes to funding agencies such as CDC, HRSA, NYC DHHS, foundations, etc. for SPH practice partnerships.
- Administer collaborative projects between SPH and practice organizations.
- Establish, review, and supervise the student field placement program of the OPHP and ensure coordination with other SPH field placement staff.
- Communicate professional development opportunities locally, statewide, regionally, and nationally.
Bachelor's degree and a record of achievement in a profession or field of expertise related to teaching assignments. Also required is the ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
It is also desirable that candidates have:
- Master's degree in public health or a related field and/or active progress toward a Doctorate, or equivalent
- At least six years progressive experience in public health practice in New York City or other urban settings
- Experience supervising interns, students, or staff in a practice setting
- Experience interacting with New York City or other municipal health departments and/or other municipal agencies
- Experience developing and leading collaborative partnerships with diverse organizations
- Substantive knowledge of major public health issues facing New York City
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Team builder, collaborative style with colleagues
- Experience teaching undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Highly organized, detail- and deadline-oriented
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please e-mail email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests. Open until filled with review of applications to begin on January 15, 2014.
The CUNY SPH is also recruiting for faculty positions in related disciplines. Please visit our website at .https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%252cIsFolder for a description of and to apply for these positions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.