College Assistant/Bursar Assistant
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-05-14
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
In 2003, the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York created the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) with the purpose of meeting the educational needs of working adults, organizations, and employers. Since then, SPS has developed into a well-established school serving New York City’s dynamic marketplace through the provision of timely, innovative, and academically rigorous programs of study designed to address new or unmet needs. Home to CUNY’s first fully online undergraduate degrees and groundbreaking master’s degree programs, SPS has found new ways of fulfilling CUNY’s mission of access, reaching students with new modes of instruction, new courses and curricula, and new kinds of learning tailored for diverse requirements and constituencies. It has launched a dozen degrees – six bachelor’s and six master’s degrees – since 2006, and there are more currently in development. Enrollments have grown to over 2000 students in the credit-bearing programs, and the School has seen more growth in its non-credit offerings, with a portfolio of grant-funded programs currently accounting for more than $6 million. In addition, the School now maintains an active Alumni Association, has established the SPS Foundation, and will soon occupy its own dedicated space
SPS is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to operate in the Bursar’s Office on a part-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bursar Enrollment Manager, the Bursar Assistant will:
- Provide high level customer service to students via all methods of valid communication.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve billing and payment inquiries and issues related to students’ accounts.
- Assist in preparing and mailing notifications.
- Utilize CUNY SIMS, SFA, and Microsoft Office for entering and managing data entry and extraction.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve processes and procedures as necessary.Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
-Bachelor degree with a minimum of one year experience in financial operations or customer service-oriented position preferred.
-Must be proficient in, web-enabled communication and Microsoft Office.
-Experience in E-Sims, CUNY Portal, registration systems and financial aid systems preferred.
-Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively so as to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and program participants.
-Energetic, well organized and patient with a blend of technical and analytical skills, initiative, and independence.
-Prioritize, establish and meet goals. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, and customer service-oriented environment is preferred.
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of 3 Professional References Electronically to:
SPS College Assistant/Bursar Assistant Search
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street – 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Address: Leah.email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.