Communications Marketing Director
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10190
- Department: Office of Communications and Marketing
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: APR 6, 2014
Campus Specific Information
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing, the Director of
Communications will be responsible for the strategic direction and successful execution of all Graduate Center publications (print and digital), collateral material, social media, and digital signage. In addition, the Director will contribute to written communications as required by GC executive offices. H/she will work collaboratively across the Graduate Center to ensure the high-quality and seamless work product that reflects the institution's standard of excellence and brand identity.
- Serve as Managing Editor of semi-annual publication, FOLIO, contributing to content, editing, and overseeing assignment of articles.
- Oversight of digital newsletter (365 Fifth), including content and format.
- Writing and editing for GC executive offices, as required.
- Oversight of GC digital signage and CMS calendar display.
- Coordination of GC collateral material in collaboration with GC administrative and academic offices, including but not limited to the Office of Institutional Advancement and leadership offices.
- Oversight of annual student and faculty handbook/bulletins and commencement materials, in consultation with other GC administrative units.
Develops, implements, and oversees College-wide marketing plans to achieve institutional goals.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing, advertising and communications
- Develops overall advertising and media strategies to achieve image, awareness, enrollment, recruiting, and/or fundraising goals
- Provide professional and managerial oversight of a broad range of marketing programs and tools, including digital, print, mail, broadcast, social networking, and other media
- Manages and develops internal staff and external resources
- Develops and analyzes key metrics of marketing effectiveness, as well as budgets and costs related to marketing programs and campaigns
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree in journalism or strategic communications
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience in journalism or enterprise-wide communications; speech-writing
- Demonstrated editorial responsibility with publications/newsletters or other communications vehicles
- Mastery of Chicago or AP style manuals
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Familiarity with proprietary CMS platforms
- Demonstrated experience in digital communications platforms
- Demonstrated professional experience with social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.