Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Business (SPS)
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 11257
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S.Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
CUNY SPS currently seeks candidates for a tenure track position as Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Business for the School's online Business programs.
The general duties of the Business faculty will include, but are not limited to, teaching courses in the discipline; curriculum development; advisement and support of student; participation in committees and other governance structures; scholarship in the discipline and/or teaching and learning; and, other related functions as assigned.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have:
- An earned doctorate in business, management, entrepreneurship, leadership, finance, or related field
- Experience with online teaching and learning in higher education
- Commitment to advance the success of an online learning environment
- Experience with curriculum and course development, with particular emphasis in business and online course/program development
- Proven record and commitment to grant writing, acquisition, and implementation
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students for advisement and mentoring
- Ability to create relationships that foster employment and graduate school placement opportunities for students
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, administration, and staff of the CUNY School of Professional Studies and other divisions across the University
- Significant record of publication, intellectual scholarship, research, and professional contributions to his/her discipline
- Significant experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring
- Commitment to the promotion of the scholarship of teaching and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty
- Experience in faculty development and evaluation models
- Excellent leadership, communication, team, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative abilities
- Superb oral and written and presentation skills
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on August 28, 2014.
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.