Civil Disturbance Procedure
Most demonstrations such as marches, meetings, picketing and rallies are peaceful and non-obstructive. However, demonstrations can become disruptive if one or more of the following conditions exist:
- Interference with the normal operations of the college.
- Prevention of access to an office, building or other college facility.
- Threat of physical harm to persons or damage to college facilities.
- Disorderly conduct which disturbs the campus or community.
1. If any of these conditions exist, contact Security & Public Safety at x7777 and report the location, nature and size of the disturbance.
2. Continue as much as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
3. Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators. Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with law enforcement authorities on the scene.