- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-14-12
- Department: Ph.D Program in Psychology
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Primary duties include: creating and maintaining databases in Excel and Access as needed for outcomes assessment, retention, and strategic planning reports; making suggestions for improvements and enhancement in databases; meticulous attention to detail in preparing all databases; producing reports from databases as needed by the EO, DEO, and APO including clear presentation of results; interacting with other Graduate Center offices and subprograms as needed to obtain necessary data for such reports; gathering course schedules and course descriptions from all units of program and maintaining a database record of them; web page development, monitoring, and updating; assisting in enhanced technological linkages between the Graduate Center and campus-based faculty and students; database development and management tasks, such as creating and updating mailing lists; and providing support to the APO, EO, and Deputy EO as requested in creating fliers for events, publicizing events, setting up meetings and conference calls, and scheduling rooms and equipment for events. Other duties include general office management tasks. There may be additional duties expected in relation to gathering information to report to internal departments and external professional organizations.
- High School diploma
- B.A. preferred
- Previous professional office experience
- Familiarity with and mastery of the following Windows based programs:
E-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook or equivalent if the GC system changes Windows 7 Word Processing (WORD & PowerPoint)
Web Authoring software (e.g., Front Page or Dreamweaver)
Database programs including Excel and Access, or File Maker
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, reliability, and be highly organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, deliver consistent and high quality work, meet tight deadlines, and be collegial to supervisors and colleagues.
$15.00 - $17.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience
22 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references via email to:
Psychology College Assistant Search
M. Helena Reis
Assistant to the Executive Officer
Ph.D. Program in Psychology
The Graduate Center, City University of New York
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.