- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-22-12
- Department: Doctor of Audiology Programs (Au.D.)
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The College Assistant for the Au.D program will provide administrative support to the Assistant Program Officer (APO) of the Au.D. Under the APO's supervision, the College Assistant's duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
· Scanning documents and posting messages to Blackboard and WFS sites.
· Maintaining and updating the Au.D program web site.
· Recording the GPAs and GRE scores of students admitted to the programs, as the Au.D uses this information in part to evaluate the admissions process.
· Maintaining the List Serve Blackboard sites, and WFS sites.
· Maintaining contact lists for potential applicants and of alumni.
· Maintaining address information for all students and faculty members within the Au.D program.
· Updating the monthly Incoming and Outgoing Document logs.
· Taking minutes during meetings, posting and distributing.
· Preparing documents for meetings.
· Helping with the elections process for the various Au.D program committees.
· Preparing the First Examination final grade confirmation letters, using mail merge functions in Micro Soft word.
· Assisting in scheduling the Second Examinations.
· Preparing communications regarding the Second Examination announcement letters.
· Assisting with special events.
· Maintaining files of syllabi and faculty evaluations. Assisting the APO in gathering these documents.
· Maintaining student WFS files.
· Maintaining office supplies.
· General office assistance: filing, copying, faxing, distributing mail, phone coverage, etc.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by the APO.
· Assist in scheduling clients for hearing tests.
· Assist in maintaining instrumentation in graduate center audiology clinic.
· Assist with course evaluation/supervisor surveys.
· High School Diploma; or college credits a plus.
· Minimum of one year full-time administrative work experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, suite.
· Good writing skills and typing skills.
· Flexibility in work schedule.
· Ability to adjust to changing work priorities.
· Good interpersonal skills, professional attitude, punctuality, and ability to work well with others.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and web-enabled communication.
· Knowledge of social networking.
$15.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three (3)
Professional references to:
Doctor of Audiology College Assistant Search
The Graduate Center of CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 7102
New York, NY 10016
Email Address: Audiology@gc.cuny.edu
Attention: Charmain Sanjamino
Assistant Program Officer
Doctor of Audiology Program
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.