New Media Specialist/College Assistant
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-30-12
- Department: The CUNY School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The CUNY School of Professional Studies:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies seeks a part-time new media specialist to execute and support highly interactive web conference events and ongoing media projects. We are looking for an excellent writer who also has facility with visual and social media, and who can make use of multiple methods of communicating information to a broad academic and professional audience. The New Media Specialist/College Assistant will report to the Director of Online Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with webinar and live streaming event production
- Implement post event video and audio production
- Operate video and audio equipment at live events
- Coordinate schedules with speakers
- Assist with promoting online events
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience operating video and audio equipment as well as video and digital media production
- Experience in multimedia/screencast/video recording and live streaming
- Ability to coordinate practice sessions and schedules with web conference presenters
- Assist in providing training to use equipment and technologies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills required; specifically, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to work on both PC and MAC platforms preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
$15.00 - $19.00 per hour (dependent upon experience)
20 hours per week with flexibility depending on event schedule
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information of three (3) professional references to:
Director of Online Programs
101 W. 31st St.- Room 722
New York, NY 10001
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.