Assistant Director of Faculty Administration & Academic Information Systems (Academic Faculty Workload Specialist)
- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 7411
- Department: Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: FEB 22, 2013
Campus Specific Information
Reporting to the Director of Faculty Administration and Academic Information Systems, the Assistant Director serves as deputy to the Director, implementing policies and procedures related to doctoral faculty workload and its representation in CUNYfirst, college reimbursement for faculty participation in doctoral work, program instructional and administrative activity budgets, and doctoral faculty appointments. The Assistant Director reviews information requirements and develops, implements, and maintains
numerous pertinent databases to further the short- and long-term priorities and goals of the office.
Under the supervision of the Director:
- Manages and maintains the comprehensive database and reporting systems for faculty appointments, instructional and administrative activities, the Executive Officer web-based reporting system (EO Web), and graduate assistants.
- Assists in interpreting policy, providing analyses, responding to questions, and resolving problems relating to faculty appointments, workload, the EO Web, the Allocation System, and other reimbursement systems.
- Prepares the instructional and administrative detail reports, summary reimbursement reports, comprehensive analysis, and letters to the CUNY central administration and college provosts for the reimbursement systems to the colleges for faculty participation in doctoral and master's instructional and administrative activities.
- Serves as deputy CUNYfirst Faculty Workload FWL Coordinator for the Graduate Center GC. Collects and monitors data for all GC-based and college faculty doctoral instructional and administrative workload records in CUNY and responds to related inquiries from GC and college-based constituents.
- Prepares, collects, and reviews workload reports for the instructional, administrative, and research activity of GC faculty and EOs; prepares analysis of workload compliance; maintains the Provost's Office GC faculty summary and FTE analysis.
- Assists in managing security and access to academic web based systems for EOs, Assistant Program Officers, Deputy EOs, and GC administrators.
- Supervises support staff.
-Supervises the administration of data and processes which track faculty activities such as workload.
- Assures information on faculty workload is accurately collected, entered, and maintained in automated systems
- Works with executive assistants, department chairs, and professional staff to assure a smooth reporting process
- Develops College-wide policies and procedures for workload reporting and processing, and advises College personnel
- Supervises office staff as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred in a quantitatively-intense field.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience in Excel preferred.
- Experience with a relation database such as Banner or PeopleSoft.
-Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative research methods; Knowledge of SPSS, including SPSS syntax.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, ongoing processes where accuracy and timeliness are essential.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills; detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in collaborating closely with information technology, academic programs and administrative offices.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.