- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-05-13
- Department: Center for the Humanities
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The College Assistant shall report to the Executive Director of The Center for the Humanities and the Curator of the James Gallery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assisting Executive Director, Academic Program Manager and Academic Program Specialist with editorial and administrative aspects of online publicity, including social media presence for the Center for the Humanities, the James Gallery and Lost & Found
· Responsible for prompt archiving, editing, and uploading to website and online platforms of all pre-and post-event content, recordings, media links, reviews and blogs
· Responsible for creation of press releases for prioritized events
· Responsible for update and maintenance of press and mailing lists
· Responsible for occasional seminar meetings and events, including preparation, setup, managing the audio recording disk, attending to speaker requests
· Responsible for assisting Academic Program Specialist with event updates and all other publicity emergencies as needed
High School diploma
Professional writing skills preferred. The preferred candidate will have at least two years demonstrated experience in social media and website maintenance, and ideally a proficiency in technical skills such as online audio, podcast and video editing. Some experience and interest in academic and public programs and events is also preferred.
$18.00–$21.34 per hour, commensurate with experience
20 hours per week (variable, day and night)
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and the names and email addresses of 3 professional references to:
Center for the Humanities College Assistant Search
The Graduate School and University Center, CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.