- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 8916
- Department: Information Technology
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: SEP 19, 2013
Campus Specific Information
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information. IT is made up of three divisions and the Division of Administrative Services concentrates on delivering and supporting a suite of operational activities such as budgeting, procurement, asset management, recruitment and personnel actions, project management, professional development, IT assessments and administrative support for the entire department.
Under the direction of the Administrative Services Manager, the Administrative Coordinator provides support for the procurement of IT goods, supplies, and services.
- Coordinate the procurement process for IT related goods, supplies and services.
- Assist with IT related purchase requisitions by assessing purchase requests and initiating procurement.
- Participate in accounting activities and maintain expenses related to IT audits.
- Work in conjunction with Purchasing Department to develop and verify bid specifications for goods and services, organize appropriate language for bid documents, verify specifications, and change orders and communicate with vendors to request quotes and follow up on orders.
- Maintain invoices and packaging slips in collaboration with the Accounts Payable office.
- Maintain IT statistical databases and schedule ad-hoc meetings for senior administration, Student Technology Fee Committee, Finance & Budgeting office, etc.
- Assist with annual reassessment of contractual obligations to confirm status.
- Participate in the IT planning process and in annual budget-building deliberations.
- Prepare for and attend weekly meeting regarding pending IT requisitions.
- Coordinate with various staff at other campuses for equipment ordered for off-site programs.
- Assist with sharing administrative responsibilities for the Division of Administration.
- Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two years of procurement experience preferred
- Demonstrated accounting experience preferred
- Familiarity with CUNYFirst Procurement Module a plus
- Proficient in MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment in sensitive matters
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.