Administrative Executive Coordinator - Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President (2 positions)
- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 8915
- Department: Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: OCT 18, 2013
***Search Reopened*** Current Applicants need not reapply
Campus Specific Information
The Office of the Provost is seeking two professionals to provide high-level executive support:
1. Assistant to the Interim Provost and Senior Vice President
2. Assistant to the Interim Associate Provost and Dean for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Under the general supervision of the senior leadership of the Provost's Office, the Executive Coordinator(s) to the Interim Provost and/or Associate Provost will provide support and assistance with the administrative activities and daily operations of the Provost's Office, maintaining a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in all matters. The Administrative Executive Coordinator(s) will report to the Interim Provost and/or Interim Associate Provost.
- Manages and maintains the Interim Provost's and Interim Associate Provost's complex calendar, including scheduling, rescheduling, and prioritizing appointments. The Assistant to the Associate Provost will also serve as scheduler to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Assembles supporting material and data for meetings and committees, including the preparation of agenda and minutes; and assures that materials are prepared and distributed in a timely manner.
- Drafts, proof-reads, and finalizes correspondence, letters, and documents on behalf of the Interim Provost and Interim Associate Provost.
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries on behalf of the Interim Provost/Interim Associate Provost.
- Reviews and distributes incoming mail in accordance with office procedures and brings significant items to the attention of the Interim Provost and/or Interim Associate Provost.
- Assists with scheduling and related arrangements, working in close cooperation with Executive Officers, Assistant Program Officers, directors, and their staffs.
- Maintains and updates electronic distribution lists for the Provost's Office.
- Maintains files and data, keeping correspondence and reports available for reference or further action.
- Assists in the coordination of meetings and special events sponsored by the Provost's Office; works with various offices (Dining Commons, facilities, room reservations) as needed.
- Assists with special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology. Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two years administrative experience, preferably in a higher education or Provost's Office setting strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desirable, and demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
- Must be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work under pressure in a collegial and collaborative environment
- A high level of diplomacy and tact, the ability to assess and adapt to changing situations and priorities, and to use sound judgment, and exercise discretion in all matters strongly preferred
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.
******Search Reopened*** Current Applicants need not reapply
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.