Administrative Specialist - Evening/Weekend Campus Operations
- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 8942
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: OCT 9, 2013
Campus Specific Information
In 2003, the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York created the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) with the purpose of meeting the educational needs of working adults, organizations, and employers. Since then, SPS has developed into a well-established school serving New York City's dynamic marketplace through the provision of timely, innovative, and academically rigorous programs of study designed to address new or unmet needs. Home to CUNY's first fully online undergraduate degrees and groundbreaking master's degree programs, SPS has found new ways of fulfilling CUNY's mission of access, reaching students with new modes of instruction, new courses and curricula, and new kinds of learning tailored for diverse requirements and constituencies. It has launched a dozen degrees - six bachelor's and six master's degrees - since 2006, and there are more currently in development. Enrollments have grown to over 2000 students in the credit-bearing programs, and the School has seen more growth in its non-credit offerings, with a portfolio of grant-funded programs currently accounting for more than $6 million. In addition, the School now maintains an active Alumni Association, has established the SPS Foundation, and will soon occupy its own dedicated space.
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, the Evening/Weekend Administrative Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the evening and weekend coordination of the School's campus operations, specifically:
- Coordinating evening and weekend events.
- Providing excellent customer service and general assistance to event sponsors/faculty/staff using the facilities on evenings and weekends.
- Serving as a resource for all entities using campus facilities during the evening or weekends.
- Coordinating and implementing standard operating policies for evening and weekends.
- Providing feedback to Director regarding operational issues.
- Assisting Director of Campus Operations with all general inquiries and completing other special projects as assigned.
Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- At least two years of facilities coordination in higher education or a related entity and/or event set-up and room reservations preferred (as part of the required four years of relevant experience)
- Some familiarity with City and State building regulations preferred
- Proven experience in customer service
- Proven ability to interpret policy, exercise keen judgment, and adapt to changing conditions successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.