Adjunct Lecturer / Adjunct Assistant, Associate, & Full Professor - Online M.S. in Data Analytics (Anticipated Vacancies)
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 9529
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, the CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and operating online bachelor's degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master's degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The School of Professional Studies is seeking part-time adjunct instructors to teach in its online M.S. in Data Analytics program. The M.S. in Data Analytics is a professionally oriented online degree that focuses on 1) quantitative methods (probability, statistics, linear algebra, calculus, and social network analysis); 2) programming and data management; and 3) practical business applications (marketing, business, web analytics, data mining, transportation, healthcare, and more). Our project-oriented curriculum requires students to use some combination of analytic tools in each course, e.g., Matlab, R, Python, and MapReduce. To learn more about the program see: http://sps.cuny.edu/programs/ms_data analytics.
In order to enlarge and enrich the pool of candidates from which the School of Professional Studies draws adjunct instructional staff for the M.S. in Data Analytics program the School is seeking curriculum vitae from qualified applicants interested in online and classroom teaching in the following disciplines/fields:
- Quantitative methods (probability, statistics, linear algebra, calculus, and social network analysis)
- Programming and data management
- Practical business applications (marketing, business, web analytics, data mining, transportation, healthcare, and more)
Please note: Employees in the Executive Compensation Plan shall not be permitted to teach within The City University for extra compensation.
For appointment as adjunct lecturer, adjunct assistant professor, adjunct associate professor, and adjunct professor a person must have those qualifications or professional achievement and training comparable to those of faculty members in the corresponding ranks of lecturer (full-time), assistant professor, associate professor, and professor appointed through the regular channels of the colleges or university.
- Adjunct Lecturer: Must possess a baccalaureate degree and such other qualifications as may be necessary for the satisfactory performance of his/her instructional functions.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Demonstrated satisfactory qualities of personality and character, evidence of significant success as a teacher, interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement, and willingness to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Adjunct Associate Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. or an equivalent degree from an accredited university in addition to possessing a record of significant achievement in his/her field or profession or as a college or university administrator. There shall be evidence that his/her alertness and intellectual energy are respected outside his/her own immediate academic community. There shall be evidence of his/her continued growth and of continued effectiveness in teaching.
- Adjunct Professor: Must have obtained the Ph.D. degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university in addition to possessing a record of exceptional intellectual, educational, or artistic achievement and an established reputation for excellence in teaching and scholarship in his/her discipline.
Excellent teaching skills, solid pedagogy, and availability to support working professionals. Must have substantial data experience in at least one industry segment. Teaching and online experience preferred. Experience with analytic tools, e.g., Matlab, R, Python, and MapReduce.
Commensurate with experience, credentials, and salary history.
How To Apply
Please send detailed letter of application, C.V. and the names of three references to: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.