HR Payroll Coordinator
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10100
- Department: Payroll Office
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: FEB 13, 2014
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
-- OPEN TO CURRENT CUNY EMPLOYEES ONLY --
Graduate Center Payroll Office is responsible for processing payroll transactions for more than 2,000 employees (full and part time) appointed to the New York State payroll system (Payserv). In addition to processing employees' paychecks, the Payroll Office is responsible for maintaining employees' salary history which is used in determining retirement benefits.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for the processing of some or all of the following payroll functions:
- Graduate Assistants and Student Fellowship/Employment: Appointments, terminations, change in salary, taxes, and Glacier registrations for non-resident aliens for tax purposes.
- Non-Teaching Adjuncts and College Assistants: Appointments, change in salary, taxes, and time keeping.
- NYSHIP: Appointments, changes in contract amount, taxes, and Glacier registration.
- Analyze payroll reports from PayServ.
- Attend off-campus Payroll user group meetings.
- Document procedures for various payroll functions.
Assists in preparing and processing payrolls to assure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyzes and prepares requested payroll transactions in payroll systems
- Reviews and interprets contractual agreements/provisions and Payroll Bulletins for implementation and update
- Develops and maintains reports and queries.
- Processes special payroll transactions such as W-2 corrections and duplicates and replacing lost or expired paychecks
- Responds to requests for information; investigates and troubleshoots payroll discrepancies, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Researches and prepares service and salary history reports
- Assists with auditing bi-weekly payroll data and managing contractual deadlines for various payrolls
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in payroll related areas preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle and PeopleSoft systems with Payserv experience, including queries, desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word preferred
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to seamlessly adapt to change desirable
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines are strongly preferred
- A strong customer service orientation and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal
communication skills are desirable
- Available to work occasionally in evenings or weekends preferred
- Able to use sound judgment to make decisions, resolve problems diplomatically and discretely, and work effectively both independently and cooperatively with all levels of staff
$43,662 - $48,686; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
***If you are unable to upload your application please firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.