Confidential Executive Assistant
- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 9077
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: NOV 21, 2013
Campus Specific Information
The Office of the Dean for The CUNY School of Public Health supports the chief executive, educational, and administrative officer of the School who initiates, plans, develops, and implements institutional strategy and policy on all educational and administrative issues affecting the School. The Office of the Dean coordinates with internal and external constituencies, including University and campus leaders, faculty, students, staff, city and state officials, outside agencies, and members of the community at large, to assist the Dean in carrying out his duties.
The Confidential Executive Assistant performs a variety of confidential, substantive, and time-sensitive duties, assignments, and projects for the effective functioning of this busy executive office. Reporting to the Senior Special Assistant to the Dean, the confidential executive assistant coordinates the routine and complex administrative, operational, and telecommunications functions and detailed logistics of the Office of the Dean including maintaining the Biosketch and CV for a senior level executive. As a front-line representative of the office, the confidential executive assistant is a vital intermediary for the public, School and University community, and all constituencies who successfully triages requests, calls, and correspondence from beginning to end, ensuring smooth coordination, follow-up, and flow of accurate information.
This is an Excluded position.
- Supports a Campus or University Executive as a confidential assistant, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events; maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity; responds to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing
- Participates in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience performing confidential administrative work in a higher education institution or complex organization
- Strong work ethic and integrity, with a high level of professional discretion and confidentiality
- Experience in using CUNYfirst ERP system for procurement and processing travel arrangements and reimbursements in an academic setting
- Experience in successfully managing the demands of multiple internal and external constituents in an academic setting and successfully communicating these priorities to a senior level official
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, and resolve problems diplomatically and discretely
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines
- Customer service excellence and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with diverse students, faculty, staff, and external constituencies.
- Proficient using computers and software programs, especially Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, or other e-mail and scheduling application
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.