Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Urban Health Policy
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 9457
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Click here to apply
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
The City University of New York (CUNY) School of Public Health (SPH) invites applications for an open rank tenure-track position in Urban Health Policy. The CUNY SPH is a collaborative school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter and Lehman Colleges and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, masters and doctoral degree programs, with a focus on urban health.
Candidates with expertise in and eager to play a leadership role in developing research, teaching courses, and action/service in the area of urban health policy are encouraged to apply. We are especially interested in candidates with expertise in the area of urban food policy. We seek a dynamic individual, interested in providing leadership and vision to the New York City Food Policy Center. The Food Policy Center is a newly-established center that develops intersectoral, innovative and evidence based solutions to preventing diet-related diseases and promoting food security in New York and other cities. The Center works with policy makers, community-based organizations, advocates and the public to create healthier, more sustainable food environments and to use food policy to promote community and economic development. Through interdisciplinary research policy analysis, evaluation and education, the Center leverages the expertise and passion of students, faculty and staff at the CUNY SPH, Hunter College and other CUNY units.
For more information, see: http://nycfoodpolicy.org/about/
This 9-month, tax levy-funded appointment (with the possibility of an additional one to three month (summer) appointment for research and/or administrative responsibilities) will be made at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (commensurate with experience) at the CUNY SPH. This faculty member may also be considered for appointment to the Doctoral Faculty, pending review and approval by the CUNY Graduate Center.
- Developing and overseeing research, service and curricula in the area of urban health policy, with a focus on food policy.
- Providing leadership and vision to the New York City Food Policy Center.
- Teaching public health courses in urban health policy, food policy and related areas.
- Collaborating with other SPH and CUNY faculty in developing and obtaining funding for new research, evaluation and intervention projects related to the intersection of urban health and food policy.
- Serving as a mentor to other faculty with interests in urban health policy.
- Supervising field placements and dissertation research projects in urban health and food policy and related areas.
- Supervising staff.
- Participating in developing and implementing the SPH strategic plan, as it relates to the faculty members area(s) of expertise.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A track record of successful funding and peer-reviewed scholarly publications in urban health policy and/or urban food policy
- Experience in creating or leading interdisciplinary research and action teams
- Graduate teaching experience in public health or a closely related field and a passion for teaching
- Experience in public health practice and/or public health leadership
- Scholarly interests and accomplishments in one or more of the following, emphasized at the CUNY SPH: urban health, health equity, prevention and management of chronic diseases, healthy aging across the lifespan, and/or systems science
- International experience in urban settings
- Research experience in urban health systems
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests. Open until filled with review of applications to begin on January 15, 2014.
The CUNY SPH is also recruiting for faculty positions in related disciplines. Please visit our website at:https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%252cIsFolder for a description of and to apply for these positions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.