Web Design Manager (Communications Electronic Media Manager)
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10169
- Department: Office of Communications and Marketing
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: FEB 14, 2014
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
-- OPEN TO CURRENT CUNY EMPLOYEES ONLY --
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing, the Web Design Manager will assume the leadership role for web and digital design across the Graduate Center. S/he will responsible for the strategic design direction and successful execution of the Graduate Center's website and digital material "look and feel," including providing oversight and guidance on various GC-related platforms (e.g. social media). S/He will work collaboratively across the Graduate Center to ensure high-quality, consistent GC brand identity in all digital expressions.
The Web Design Manager is responsible for the following:
- Creating and maintaining GC website's administrative and academic pages. Also serves as the primary consultant for pages created and administrated by GC centers and initiatives.
- Being responsive to feedback regarding the GC website, making recommendations, and incorporating changes for an enhanced user experience.
- Creating and designing digital material including brochures, advertising, and other marketing material.
- Creating and updating as necessary web design guidelines and formats for all GC entities and website users.
- Keeping abreast of new platforms and trends in web design, including updates and advances of the GC CMS, Kentico.
- Overseeing and liaising with vendors for third party content management and storage.
- Working closely with the GC's Information Technology team, participating in cross-functional teams to identify challenges, making improvements, and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Performing related duties/special duties as required.
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
-Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
-Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
-Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
-Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
-Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
-Supervises staff as needed
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Ability to troubleshoot cross-browser and cross-platform issues (e.g., PC/Mac, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Fluency with the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with electronic image formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, and EPS), media formats (video, audio), rich media formats (HTML5, Flash)
- Advanced competency in, and management of, GC's CMS (Kentico) is strongly desired
- Production experience and ability to manage a wide range of artistic and technical vendors desirable
- Demonstrated capacity to manage/handle multiple tasks, teams, and teamwork simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate faculty, staff and student constituencies are musts
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
***If you are unable to upload your application please firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.