College Assistant/Facilities Assistant (Multiple positions)
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-06-14
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The School of Professional Studies:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and offering online bachelor’s degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master’s degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
SPS is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter College Assistant/Facilities Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, the College Assistant/Facilities Assistant will:
- Assist with the resolution of day-to-day facilities issues.
- Assist in responding to building occupants with space and facilities help desk calls.
- Assist in day-to-day activities taking place within the CUNY School of Professional Studies facilities, including special events.
- Maintain professional appearance of CUNY School of Professional Studies public areas including conference rooms, supply areas, lobbies, and hallways.
- Contact service companies for repairs as needed.
- Maintain documentation and files related to the Campus Operations department.
- Assist with the completion of special support projects.
- Assist Campus Operations department with various administrative and clerical tasks, e.g., providing front desk/reception support, mailroom support, and other duties as required.
-High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience with providing facilities and clerical support preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills preferred as well as the ability to interact with faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills preferred.
-Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work independently.
-Ability to identify and solve problems, in a fast paced environment.
$12.00 - $15.00 per hour
20 hours per week (Evenings may be required)
How To Apply
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of 3 Professional References to:
SPS College Assistant/Facilities Assistant Search (multiple positions)
c/o Walida Najeeullah
Director of Campus Operations
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 W. 31st Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Address: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.