Explosion/Downed Aircraft Procedure
In the event a mishap occurs, such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) in the area, take the following actions:
1. Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects that will give protection against falling glass or debris.
2. Immediately after the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided, notify Security & Public Safety at x7777. Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
3. If the building evacuation alarm is sounded, or when you are told to leave by emergency response personnel, walk to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
4. Assist the disabled in exiting the building. Do not use elevators in case of fire. Do not panic. Remain calm.
5. Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrants and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
6. If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
7. A Campus Emergency Command Post may be set up near the disaster site. Keep clear of the Command Post unless you have official business.
8. Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed to do so by emergency response personnel.