Building Access Hours
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday: Noon–6 p.m.
Library Access Hours:
See Mina Rees Library
Library Access Requirements:
1. Presentation of a valid Graduate Center or other CUNY college ID card.
2. Visitors must present picture ID and be accompanied by a Graduate Center student, staff member or faculty member with a valid Graduate Center ID or present picture ID and one of the following:
* Valid Mina Rees Library Associates Card
* Friends of the Graduate Center Card
* Mina Rees Library visitor pass dated and signed by the Chief Librarian
* CUNY Library Introduction Card
* CUNY Libraries Open Access card w/ valid College ID Card
* CUNY Graduate Center Language Reading Program ID/Permit
* SUNY Empire State Current Student ID
* Latin/Greek Institute ID/Library Permit (Summer Only)
* Metro Referral Card
Building Access Requirements: Monday–Friday
Access to the building is granted upon presentation of a valid Graduate Center or other valid CUNY college ID card. Visitors must show another form of picture identification and sign-in at the lobby desk.
Building Access Requirements: Weekends
Access to the building is granted upon presentation of a valid Graduate Center ID card and signing-in at the lobby desk. Those needing access to their office must bring their key. Visitors attending scheduled weekend events must show another form of picture ID and sign-in.
Building Access Requirements:
Off-Hour and Holidays
Access to the building outside of regular building hours requires the authorization of an Executive Officer, a Director of a Center or Institute, or a Head of Office, along with prior notification to the Office of Security & Public Safety. Those granted off-hour access privileges must show a valid Graduate Center ID card and sign-in at the lobby desk. (Note: Requests for off-hour access should be carefully considered and authorized only for critical needs due to limited security coverage and other security and fire safety concerns.)
As part of the access policy, when there is an event in public spaces that attracts large numbers of attendees, event organizers coordinate with Security about reasonable procedures that are accommodative of the needs of the event.
Our access policies are designed to insure that everyone feels safe and secure while at The Graduate Center. Your full and respectful cooperation with the Security Staff responsible for implementing the access policies is essential for achieving these purposes.