Changes in Several Health Plans’ Rates
Effective July 2017, the following health plans’ rates have been affected:
- Aetna Prescription Drugs
- GHI- HMO
- HIP-HMO Prescription
- HIP POS
Please refer to the FAQs below:
1. If there is a premium rate increase, will there be a soft enrollment period?
Yes, you will be allowed to drop the drug rider or switch plans if the rate change was more than 20%. Please note the plans/riders this applies to include:
- Aetna Prescription Drugs and the overall rate (if that includes prescription coverage). The basic rate did not increase by more than 20%
- GHI- HMO the prescription drug and the overall (if prescription drug rider is included)
- HIP-HMO Prescription and other rider and the overall (if prescription and other rider is included)
- Vytra – Prescription and overall rate (if prescription is included)
- HIP POS – Basic only
2. How would the enrollment be processed?
If you change or drop coverage, you have from now until the commencement of the fall transfer period to make the change for an effective date of July 1, 2017. If you utilized your health plan in July 2017, your new plan’s effective date would be August 1, 2017.
3. Can an employee make any other changes like adding or dropping a dependent with this soft enrollment period?
Should you have any questions or would like to change your plan, please email Lenore Mitchell at email@example.com and/or Deidre Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted on: AUG 8, 2017
Category: HR Announcements | Human Resources