Degrees/Diplomas: RN, PhD, FT
Campus Affiliation: Hunter College
Research Interests: Dying, death and bereavement, professional quality of life (compassion fatigue, burnout), clinical leadership, ethics.
Dying, death and bereavement, professional quality of life (compassion fatigue, burnout), clinical leadership, ethics.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- End of Life Care
- Clinical Leadership
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2013). Compassion fatigue and burnout in nursing: Enhancing professional quality of life. New York: Springer.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (1999). The enigma of energy: Where science and religion converge. New York: The Crossroad Publishing Co.
- Coyle, N. & Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2012). Artificial nutrition and hydration. In K. Doka (Ed.) Ethics and end of life care: A case based approach (pp. 85-93). Washington, DC: American Hospice Foundation.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2011). Changing the face of death: A pedagogic intervention. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27, (5), 315-319.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. & Spellman, M. (2013). End of life pedagogy, death attitudes and power as knowing participation in change. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3 (1), 120-125.
- Malinski, V. & Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2011). Exploring co-meditation as a means of reducinganxiety and enhancing relaxation in a nursing school setting. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 29, 242-248.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2011). Re-patterning health professional death education: A matter of social justice for all. The Forum: The Quarterly Publication of the Association for Death Education and Counseling, 37, (3), 26-27.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2010). Two paradigms, different fruit: Mixing apples with oranges. Visions: The Journal of Rogerian Nursing Science, 17, 44-50 .
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2009). Using an online community board for teaching, learning and student engagement on end-of-life care. Nurse Educator, 34, 150-151.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2008). Don’t worry about caring for the dying: It isn’t on the NCLEX. International Centre for Nursing Ethics Conference, Nursing Ethics and Health Care Policy: Bridging Local, National and International Perspectives Yale University, CT (Paper (short version) proceedings).
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2008). Revisiting the enigma of energy. Nursing Science Quarterly 21, 285-290.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2007). Imagining nursing practice in the year 2050: Looking through a Rogerian looking glass. Nursing Science Quarterly, 20, 229-231.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2006). Synchronicity related to dead loved ones: A natural healing modality. Spirituality and Health International, 7, 151-161.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2006). Studying Synchronicity Related to Dead Loved Ones AKA After-Death Communication: Martha, What Do You Think? Nursing Science Quarterly, 19, 297-299.
- Todaro-Franceschi, V. (2003). Mistakes in research: An appeal for tolerance. Nursing Science Quarterly, 16, 110-113.
Works in Progress:
Several studies on: end of life care pedagogy, professional quality of life and advance directives.
- Ph.D. NYU
- M.S. Hunter College, CUNY
- B.S.N. College of Staten Island, CUNY
- A.A.S. College of Staten Island, CUNY