How to apply to the Plant Sciences Doctoral Program:
Application Deadline: JANUARY 1
- Admission to the doctoral program in biology is through The Graduate Center Office of Admissions.
- Specify "Plant Sciences" subprogram on your application.
- Identify one or two possible faculty mentors and indicate your interest in their laboratories on your application. It is recommended that you also contact them directly prior to submitting your application.
- For students interested in working in the laboratories of CUNY doctoral faculty at the New York Botanical Garden, please refer to the NYBG Graduate Studies page and submit both CUNY and NYBG applications.
- Make sure that your personal statement describes your specific research interests and how your prior research background has prepared you for your intended thesis research.