Graduate Center Fellowships Announced for Fall 2013
The Graduate Center of the City University of New York announces major investments in financial support for incoming Ph.D. students. Effective in the fall of 2013, the Graduate Center will offer more than 400 five-year recruitment fellowships in the following categories:
1. Graduate Center Fellowship: $25,000, full tuition, and eligibility for low-cost health insurance each year for five years
The Economics Program is delighted to announce that beginning in Fall 2013, it will award eight new Graduate Center Fellowships in recognition of academic achievement and in expectation of scholarly success. The Graduate Center Fellowship provides full tuition and $25,000 each year for the first five years of study. The fellowship consists of a stipend in the Fall and Spring semesters, a summer research stipend, a graduate assistantship, a tuition award, and eligibility for low-cost individual or family NYSHIP health insurance. Support for the Fall and Spring semesters is $23,000 and the summer research stipend is $2,000.
The service assignments associated with the Graduate Center Fellowship are intended to develop scholarly and professional skills. In the first year, a Graduate Center Fellow serves as a research assistant or in another assignment determined by his or her doctoral program. In the second, third, and fourth years, a fellow teaches one course each semester at a CUNY undergraduate college. In the fifth year, a Graduate Center Fellow serves as a Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Fellow, or in a similar assignment, at a CUNY college.
For more information please see the Graduate Center’s webpage about fellowship and financial support for doctoral students.
2. Presidential MAGNET Fellowship: $27,000, full tuition, and eligibility for low-cost health insurance each year for five years
3. CUNY Science Scholarship: $25,000, full tuition, and eligibility for low-cost health insurance each year for five years
4. Science Fellowship: Full tuition for five years and $24,000 for the first two years of study
5. Tuition Fellowship: Full tuition each year for five years
Students with interests in a wide range of Ph.D. programs in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Sciences are encouraged to apply.
Further information about these fellowships and other support:
For other questions, contact the Admissions Office by email or 212-817-7470.