Position: Professor, Emerita
Campus Affiliation: CUNY Graduate Center
Degrees/Diplomas: Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Chicago
Research Interests: Educational measurement, program evaluation, gender and education, validity of assessments in the teaching and learning context.
- Professor, Ph.D. Program in Educational Psychology, Graduate School, City University of New York .
- Senior Research Associate, Center for Advanced Study in Education, Graduate Center, City University of new York
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Chicago
- M.A., Ohio State University, Psychology
- B.A., University of Colorado, Psychology
- Museums and art education
- Teaching of mathematics and other subjects
- Assessment interpretation and validity
- Evaluation research
- Women and education
- Fellow Divisions 5 (Measurement), 15 (Educational Psychology), 35 (Women), American Psychological Association
- Charter Fellow American Psychological Society
- President, Division 15 APA
- President National Council on Measurement In Education
Selected Publications (See full CV)
- Leinhardt, G., Tittle, C.K., & Knutson, K. (2002). Talking to oneself: Diary studies of museum visits. In G.Leinhardt, K.Crowley, & K. Knutson (Eds.) Learning conversations in museums. NJ:Erlbaum
- Petropoulos, C., & Tittle, C.K. (2002). Review of the book Feminist engagements: Reading, resisting, and revisioning male theorists in education and cultural studies. Sex Roles, 46, (in press).
- Tittle, C.K., Pape, S.J., & Flugman, B.(2000). Using Evalution to foster NYCETP goals: Case studies and intercampus collaboration. The Journal of mathematics and Science, 3(1), 107-115,
- Tittle, C.K., Weinberg, S.L. & Hecht, D.(1996). Investigating the construct validity of scores from a measure of student perceptions about mathematics classroom activities using multidimensional scaling. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 56(4),701-709.
- Tittle, C.K.(1994). Toward an educational psychology of assessment for teaching and learning: Theories, contexts, and validation arguments. Educational Psychologist, 29 (3), 149-162.
- Tittle, C.K., Hecht, D., & Moore, P. (1993). Assesment theory and research for classrooms: From taxonomies to constructing meaning in context. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 12(4), 13-19.