Nancy K. Miller
Position: Distinguished Professor, Graduate School. English, Comparative Literature, French.
Campus Affiliation: CUNY Graduate Center
Degrees/Diplomas: Ph.D., Columbia University.
Research Interests: Contemporary autobiography and autobiography theory; women's writing (American and French); 20th-century cultural history, after 1945; feminist theory.
Theory Group Field Specialization: Feminist Theory and Women's Writings|Literary History, Criticism, and Theory
Chronological Period Specialization: Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature|Twentieth-Century Literature
- What They Saved: Pieces of a Jewish Past. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 2011.
- Rites of Return: Diaspora Poetics and the Politics of Memory. New York: Columbia University Press, 2011.
- Picturing Atrocity: Photography in a Crisis. London: Reaktion Books, 2012.
- Bequest and Betrayal: Memoirs of a Parent's Death. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1996.
- Getting Personal: Feminist Occasions and Other Autobiographical Acts. New York: Routledge, 1991.
- The Poetics of Gender. New York: Columbia University Press, 1986.