Transcultural Nursing, Student Retention and Success, Culturally Diverse Students, Cultural Competence, Instrumentation, Self-Efficacy, Teaching and Learning
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Transcultural Nursing
- Disseration Seminar
- Nursing Research
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2010). Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care: Inquiry, Action, and Innovation (2nd Edition). New York: Springer.
- Jeffreys, M.R. & Dogan, E. (2010). Factor analysis of the Transcultural Self-Efficacy Tool (TSET). Journal of Nursing Measurement, 18 (2), 120-139.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2008). Dynamics of diversity: Becoming better nurses through diversity awareness. Imprint. 55(5), 36-41.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2007). Nontraditional Students' Perceptions of Variables Influencing Retention: A Multi-Site Study. Nurse Educator, 32(4), 161-167.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2007). Tracking students through program entry, progression, graduation, and licensure: Assessing undergraduate nursing student retention and success. Nurse Education Today, 27, 406-419.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2006). Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care: Inquiry, Action, and Innovation. New York: Springer. (American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award)
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2006). Cultural competence in clinical practice. Imprint, 53(2), 36-41.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2005). Clinical nurse specialists as cultural brokers, change agents, and partners in meeting the needs of culturally diverse populations. Journal of Multicultural Nursing and Health, 11(2), 41-48.
- Jeffreys, M. R. (2004). Nursing Student Retention: Understanding the Process and Making a Difference. New York: Springer.
- Ed.D - Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.Ed. - Teachers College, Columbia University
- M. A. - Teachers College, Columbia University
- B. S. - State University of New York (SUNY) College at Plattsburgh