Recent Physics News
Recent Laptop Thefts
The thefts are being investigated and The Graduate Center will call upon the NYPD for assistance with this investigation. Other anti-theft strategies are also being explored. If you have any information concerning these thefts or need advice on securing your property, please call the Director of Security & Public Safety at x7761. You can also take the following precautions in order to protect yourself from becoming a victim of this type of crime:
- Lock office doors while offices are unoccupied.
- Do not bring unnecessary valuable items on campus.
- Do not leave purses, briefcases or backpacks unattended.
- Keep valuables and personal items under lock and key.
- Avoid leaving packages in offices overnight.
- Remove newly purchased equipment from boxes as soon as possible.
- Inventory and secure office equipment.
- Maintain key control procedures and report broken locks and lost keys to Security.
- Be aware of suspicious persons. Know your co-workers and question any strangers, delivery persons or repair persons.
- Immediately report suspicious activity and incidents to Security at x7777.
- Call Police (911) or Security (x7777) if immediate danger is suspected or threatened.
Submitted on: DEC 15, 2008