CUNY Affiliations: Graduate Center and Lehman English Department, IT, Liberal Studies MA, Interactive Technology and Pedagogy CP
Courses taught in MALS: The Shaping of Modernity, Introduction to Graduate Study
- Tennyson and the Text: The Weaver’s Shuttle. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- “Chaucerian ‘Game’-'Ernest’ and the ‘Argument of Herbergage’ in The Canterbury Tales, Chaucer Review 5 (1970), 83-96; reprinted in Critical Essays on Chaucer’s “Canterbury Tales,” ed. Malcolm Andrews. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1991.
- “The Antigone as Cultural Touchstone: Matthew Arnold, Hegel, George Eliot, Virginia Woolf, and Margaret Drabble,” PMLA 96 (1981), 22-35.
- “The Homeric Competitions of Tennyson and Gladstone,” in Victorian Classicism, ed. Gerhard Joseph. New York: Browning Institute Studies, 1982; reprinted in Homer, ed. Katherine Callen King. Classical Heritage Series. New York: Garland Pres, 1994.
- “Charles Dickens, International Copyright, and the Discretionary Silence of Martin Chuzzlewit,” Cardoza Arts and Entertainment Law Journal 10(1992), 523-34; reprinted in The Construction of Authorship: Textual Appropriation in Law and Literature, ed. Martha Woodmansee and Peter Jaszi. Durham: Duke University Press, 1994.