Financial Assistance


Financial Assistance

Office of Financial Assistance; Photo credit: Rachel Rodriguez

Office of Financial AssistanceThe Office of Financial Aid provides two types of financial aid programs for graduate students: federal aid and institutional aid. Regrettably, University-funded scholarships are not available to students who are not qualified aliens.

 Federal aid is awarded through the Office of Financial Aid in accordance with requirements established by federal law. Students who apply early for federal aid may be considered for Federal Perkins Loans and/or Federal Work-Study positions, which provide students an opportunity to earn money on campus or at a public or private non-profit organization, for the upcoming academic year.

For more information about federal aid, visit the following pages:

 Institutional aid is based on a combination of need and merit. This may include: scholarships, fellowships, grants, assistantships, etc. The funding for institutional aid comes from the college.

For more information about institutional aid, visit the following pages:

For more information about each program, click below to view a comparison chart outlining award eligibility, amount awarded, and how to apply.

Financial Aid Graduate Programs Comparison Chart

Contact Us

Financial Aid

Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016-4309

Phone: (212) 817-7460