Matriculated student accounts are created automatically within 72 business hours of registration.
- For all users, network and email usernames are composed of the first Initial of the first name plus the last name, i.e., gwashington.
- Usernames are not case sensitive.
- Common usernames have a number added, i.e., gwashington2.
- Length may be from 8 to 15 characters.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- Expires every 180 days.
Note that all users receive a GC email account in addition to their GC network account.
- Email accounts may be accessed through the following site: https://wa.gc.cuny.edu.
- Email addresses are formatted as follows: email@example.com, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students have email quotas of 50 MB.
- If your password has expired or you have forgotten it, it can be reset via email or in person with the IT Help Desk. The help desk will require a copy of your GC ID card with a current semester’s sticker.
Please consult this page for more information about your GC computer account. If you need additional assistance, please visit the Graduate Center IT Help Desk (located on the Concourse Level of the Mina Rees Library).
The Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue, Library, Second Floor
New York, NY 10016