GC Website Redesign Project
The Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY) is working to modernize and optimize its website to further the strategic goals of the institution as detailed in Building for the Future: The Graduate Center Strategic Plan 2017-2022.
The project is being led by the Office of Communications and Marketing, and will be conducted in partnership with a web design/development firm with expertise in higher education.
The Key Objectives of this project are:
- to enhance The Graduate Center’s reputation through a sophisticated, visually-engaging website that showcases our serious academic programs and pioneering research, is accessible to all (mobile-responsive and ADA-compliant) and supports the goals of The Graduate Center strategic plan.
- to provide functionality and transparency for internal processes and operations for the GC community, including current existing website functionality and desired functionality.
Messages to the Community
May 11, 2020
Dear Graduate Center Community,
Would you like to have a say in the visual design for the new Graduate Center website? If so, your opportunity has arrived!
The Office of Communications and Marketing is inviting all members of The Graduate Center community to attend an upcoming Zoom presentation of the first round of proposed design concepts for our new institutional website. Attendees will learn about the strategy and message behind each concept, see a live demo of the design prototypes, and have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
Advanced registration for these presentations is required. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
All presentations will be held at 11:00 a.m. EST.
- Students - Thursday, May 14 | Register
- Faculty & EOs - Monday, May 18 | Register
- Staff & Administration - Tuesday, May 19 | Register
(Note that while we encourage you to attend the designated presentation for your audience, you are welcome to attend any session that fits your schedule.)
Your input will directly impact our ability to select and make revisions to a visual direction for the site, and will ensure that our final design system will accurately reflect and celebrate The Graduate Center's identity.
We look forward to your participation!
View message archives »