Communications Publications Design Coordinator
- Job Class: Managerial and Professional
- Job ID Number: 9140
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: NOV 2, 2013
Campus Specific Information
Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fourteen degrees - eight bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies - and six master's degrees with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Publications Design Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the School's Marketing Department with the design and production of publications, written materials, and multi-media communications in order to assist with the School's strategic communications plan.
The Communications Publications Design Coordinator will also:
- Review and proof copy and layouts.
- Provide quality assurances for all print and electronic communications.
- Organize multiple production schedules and deadlines.
- Support relationships with vendors.
- Maintain a prescribed production budget.
- Ensure permissions standards for content and imagery.
- Coordinate post production activities, e.g., mailing, mail house arrangements, etc.
- Coordinates the design and production of publications, written materials, and multi-media communications.
- Organizes publications and communications projects from inception through final stage in a variety of media
- Prepares materials and creates graphic designs utilizing logos, templates and other graphic elements
- Applies College-wide graphic and technical standards to insure quality and consistency of College identity
- Assists in coordinating production in a variety of media and formats, both print and on-line
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Proven ability to work under strict deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in implementing a brand style guide or corporate ID across multiple platforms (print, online, social media) and to diverse target audiences preferred
- Proven ability to follow direction and input while creating layouts for print, web ads, brochures, business cards, flyers, and mailers
- Experience in editing and retouching photos, illustrating new graphics and editing existing graphics, developing graphics for web, print and social media, and creating content for videos preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external vendors to complete creative projects
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Quark, and HTML
- Proficiency with Flash animation software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding and complex work environment, carry out complex assignment and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.