Assistant Dean of Students - CUNY SPH
- Job Class: Executive Compensation Plan (ECP)
- Job ID Number: 9961
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: APR 25, 2014
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The City University of New York School of Public Health (CUNY SPH) is seeking an Assistant Dean of Students. The CUNY SPH is a consortial school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health, which includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter, and Lehman Colleges and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs with a focus on urban health.
Reporting to the Dean, the Assistant Dean will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and monitor the CUNY SPH's strategic plan as it relates to enhancing comprehensive student services.
- Implement and monitor programs and services for student advisement, field placement, career services, student academic support and mentoring, and related areas.
- Manage the School's student-related operations, including recruitment and admissions, scholarships
and financial aid, advisement, registration, enrollment and retention, alumni, student academic support, field placements, and career services.
- Oversee and support student government, student organizations, and student committees.
- Assess student performance and the delivery of student services and implement improvements, as needed.
- Oversee the development of data systems to assure the effective coordination and integration of student information related to recruitment, admissions, scholarships and financial aid, advisement, registration, enrollment and retention, graduation, field placements, and career services.
- Oversee the collection, quality control, and analysis of student-related data to meet program, school, university, and accreditation needs and requirements.
- Assist the Dean with other related duties as assigned.
This position performs high-level executive academic functions.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below.
The successful candidate should have most of the following:
- A doctorate in public health or a related field
- Scholarly accomplishments, commensurate for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor
- At least 4 years of leadership experience, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience and strong interest in student affairs, advisement, mentoring, and related areas
- Familiarity with applicable campus, school, university, accreditation, and regulatory requirements and
initiatives related to students
- Demonstrated quantitative skills with an ability to oversee the design and implementation of systems
for collecting, analyzing, and reporting student data
- Experience in student and/or organizational assessment
- Strong consultative, negotiation, diplomatic, problem-solving, organizational, and written and oral
- An ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders including faculty, students, staff, and outside
- Demonstrated experience in leading and performing in a dynamic academic environment
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
***If you are unable to upload your application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
The committee will begin reviewing applications on January 2, 2014. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.