Associate or Full Professor - Public Health Marketing, Media & Communications
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 9449
- Department: CUNY School of Public Health
- Location: CUNY School of Public Health
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Click here to apply
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
The City University of New York School of Public Health (CUNY SPH) is seeking an Associate or Full Professor as Director of Public Health Marketing, Media and Communications. The CUNY SPH is a consortial school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter and Lehman Colleges and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, masters and doctoral degree programs, with a focus on urban health.
We seek a dynamic individual, eager to play a leadership role in developing curricula and teaching courses in health communications, media (including social media) and marketing and lead the school's overall communication strategy. This 9-month, tax levy-funded appointment (with the possibility of an additional one to three month (summer) appointment for research and/or administrative responsibilities) will be made at the rank of Associate or Full Professor (commensurate with experience) at the CUNY SPH. This faculty member may also be considered for appointment to the Doctoral Faculty, pending review and approval by the CUNY Graduate Center.
- Collaborating with faculty in developing curricula and courses in public health marketing, media and communications.
- Teaching courses in social media, marketing and communications.
- Participating in research and scholarship on health communications, marketing and media analysis.
- Planning and implementing and evaluating on-line and multimedia courses and communications.
- Overseeing faculty, student and staff media training.
- Other administrative duties as assigned, as related to public health marketing, media and communications.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous academic experience teaching courses and developing curriculum in media studies, communications or public health
- Demonstrated expertise in media, media relations, marketing and/or communications
- Experience in the assessment and evaluation of marketing and communications campaigns and strategies
- Demonstrated experience in public health communications or media relations
- Peer-reviewed scholarship in health communications, media analysis or a related field
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply by using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests. Open until filled with review of applications to begin on January 15, 2014.
The CUNY SPH is also recruiting for faculty positions in related disciplines. Please visit our website at: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%252cIsFolder for a description of and to apply for these positions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.