- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-08-14
- Department: Office of the Provost and Sr. Vice President
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: JUN 16, 2014
The Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President (“The Provost Office”) is seeking part-time assistance of a College Assistant. The College Assistant will report to the Administrative Executive Associate of the Provost Office.
The College Assistant's duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under supervision, performs administrative, research, clerical or other work related to the Provost Office of The Graduate Center on a part-time basis for a period of limited duration.
-Data entry into CUNYfirst system, review and scan expense receipts, reconcile corporate card statements, and verify allocation balances.
-Data entry into Banner and CUNYfirst system related to the management of fellowships and graduate assistant programs.
- Assists in budget administration, overall travel & expenses management, purchase order requisitions, and invoice processing.
-Manages and address inquiries from faculty, business office, programs and other GC departments.
-Schedules travel arrangements, make reservations, and communicate with vendors.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assists in drafting and preparing letters, memorandums for distribution.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to assignments.
- May involve some clerical work, such as filing, copying, scanning, printing material for distribution,
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-High school diploma
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
- Associate’s Degree or two years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business field with two years of entry-level budget management or accounting experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a ERP database. Hands-on experience in CUNYfirst or ERP accounting modules preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, students and staff members, excellent written and oral skills.
- Solid organizational ability, flexibility, accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage deadlines and exercise good judgment.
- Strong telecommunication and records management skills are essential.
$18.00 - $21.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and the names of 3 Professional References Electronically to:
The Provost Office College Assistant Search
The Graduate Center, CUNY Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Email Address: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.