Communications Marketing Director - School of Professional Studies
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 10780
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: JUL 11, 2014
Campus Specific Information
-- REVISED --
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Administration and Finance, the Communications Marketing Director (Director of Marketing) will direct, develop and implement strategies to meet the School's strategic goals; develop and execute advertising strategies to achieve enrollment goals; direct market research as it relates to program development; direct all communication initiatives and all collateral materials; and direct and develop relationships with local and regional businesses and organizations to promote CUNY SPS programs.
Develops, implements, and oversees College-wide marketing plans to achieve institutional goals.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing, advertising and communications
- Develops overall advertising and media strategies to achieve image, awareness, enrollment, recruiting, and/or fundraising goals
- Provide professional and managerial oversight of a broad range of marketing programs and tools, including digital, print, mail, broadcast, social networking, and other media
- Manages and develops internal staff and external resources
- Develops and analyzes key metrics of marketing effectiveness, as well as budgets and costs related to marketing programs and campaigns
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree in a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying successful media campaigns
- Demonstrated experience leading website redesign initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with social media marketing strategies
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in all areas and lead a team
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications and web-enabled communication
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.