IT Support Assistant (Temporary) - Technology Support
- Job Class: Information Technology/Technical
- Job ID Number: 10698
- Department: Office of Information Technology
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: JUL 19, 2014
Click Here to Apply
Campus Specific Information
**This is a temporary appointment for employment up to 1 year.**
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, instruction and research, and processing and accessing institutional information.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director for Client Services and as a member of the IT Client Services Division, the IT Support Assistant participates in computer deployment projects for up to one-year and assists with installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware, software, and peripherals throughout the Graduate Center. The IT Support Assistant works in concert with other IT Client Services Division members to provide technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
- Responsible for Windows/Mac OS X and MS office migration and deployment.
- Responds to work requests regarding installation, configuration, and/or maintenance of client software and the deployment of new technology releases, performing new installations, troubleshooting and software repair.
- Provides support client technologies on workstations and peripherals.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
I.T. Support Assistants support routine operations and problem resolution of computing and/or communications functions at a College or Unit. They work in technical support, applications development, operations, help desk, and similar environments, as well as in the field where equipment may be located.
Work tasks include as:
-Operating, transporting, adjusting, and installing/configuring computing and related equipment
-Communicating with technology users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
-Performing simple repairs to computing and related equipment.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. Eighteen months of related full-time work experience or equivalent, such as completion of eighteen college credits in Information Technology
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
- Experience with Casper Suite and/or Altiris Deployment Solution
- Experience with Network print queues on a Mac and PC
- Experience with anti-virus and AD integration on a Mac and PC
- Experience with application/OS migration lifecycle (design, planning, assessment, remediation, testing & deployment)
- Experience with desktop applications support and troubleshooting (Browser, Third Party and Apple)
New Hire: $32,571* / Incumbent: $36,804
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.