Interactive Media Manager (Communications Electronic Media Manager)
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 9657
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: AUG 13, 2014
Campus Specific Information
The School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Communications and College Relations Director, the Interactive Media Manager will manage all interactive marketing strategies for the CUNY School of Professional Studies, including but not limited to the following:
- Lead the creative direction for CUNY SPS website(s), including the conceptualization, design, development and maintenance of site structure and content.
- Serve as the social media manager, including concept development, development and maintenance of platforms.
- Lead the social media platform workgroup.
- Utilize website and social media metrics to analyze usage patterns and inform strategy.
- Act as lead for all CUNY SPS mobile marketing solutions.
- Act as point person for SPS CUNY digital signage.
- Act as a liaison for initiatives in support of IT and marketing/communications; collaborate with IT staff to ensure website compliance with applicable state and federal web accessibility regulations.
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
-Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
-Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
-Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
-Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
-Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
-Supervises staff as needed
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Advanced degree
- Broad working knowledge of web design software including Email systems, WordPress, Internet technologies, web-based applications, CSS, HTML/XML, CMS (content management systems), SEO (search engine optimization), and SEM (search engine marketing)
- Understanding of general graphic design skills with an understanding of usability and design
- Demonstrated experience driving web site creation, improvement and Google analytics
- Knowledge of web analytic tools and creating reports using those tools
- Enthusiasm for learning new hardware and software applications to adapt to evolving trends in Information Technology and Public Relations, marketing, and communication experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication, visual, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
***If you are unable to upload your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.