IT Assistant, Level 1 (Provisional)
- Job Class: Information Technology/Technical
- Job ID Number: 10933
- Department: Office of Information Technology
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: AUG 13, 2014
Campus Specific Information
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, instruction and research, and processing and accessing institutional information.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director for Client Services and as a member of the IT Client Services Division, the IT Assistant assists with installing, configuring, upgrading, diagnosing and troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware, software, and peripherals throughout the Graduate Center. This position deploys computers and works in concert with other Client Services Division members to provide technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
Duties include the following:
- Responsible for Windows/Mac OS X support and deployment; installs, configures, upgrades, diagnoses, and troubleshoots hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Performs preventive maintenance; tests and repairs equipment.
- Performs software install pushes using remote access tools.
- Responsible for MS Office migration and deployment.
- Assists with maintaining proper documentation of moves, adds, changes, and inventory record updates.
- Works within a ticketing system and communicates status of outstanding items to employees and management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
I.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)
3. Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
4. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
5. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Experience with Casper Suite or similar for Mac OS X deployments
- Experience with Altiris Deployment Solution or similar for Windows deployments
- Experience with Network print queues on a Mac and PC
- Experience with anti-virus management and support
- Experience with AD integration on a Mac and PC
- Experience with Wireless Network Support
New Hire: $41,175/Incumbent: $46,528
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.