Finance Purchasing Associate (Non-teaching Adjunct, Level 1)
- Job ID Number: 500
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: DEC 9, 2019
The Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) at The Graduate Center elevates scientific research and education at the CUNY and beyond through initiatives in five distinctive, but increasingly interconnected disciplines: environmental sciences, nanoscience, neuroscience, photonics, and structural biology. The ASRC promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary research culture with renowned researchers from each of the initiatives working side-by-side in the ASRC’s core facilities, sharing equipment that is among the most advanced available. To learn more about the ASRC, visit www.asrc.cuny.edu.
The ASRC is seeking a Finance Purchasing Associate to assist with purchasing for the Center. The Finance Purchasing Associate will be responsible for collection of appropriate invoice sign-offs and related paperwork necessary for processing receipts through CUNYfirst to facilitate payment by Accounts Payable. In addition, s/he will be responsible for assisting with the entry of receipts as needed and maintain reporting databases, tracking all invoices being processed and providing reports on the status of receipting. This position reports to the Finance Purchasing Agent.
This is a part-time role. This position is for 10-20 hours per week, with a maximum of 225 hours for the Fall semester, 225 hours for the Spring semester, and 175 hours for the Summer semester.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect and manage receipt documents to ensure they are signed and ready for processing of the receipt for payment.
- Review documentation to check descriptions for accuracy and consult with departments to adjust possible discrepancies.
- Correspond with departments, vendors and business representatives to resolve invoice issues.
- Review Departmental Spending reports and assist in identifying missing invoices.
- Provide reports on status of invoice and receipt processing to vendors as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in finance and/or purchasing.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and research skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email) to email@example.com and write in the subject line: Finance Purchasing Associate.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.