Accounts Receivable Associate (Non-teaching Adjunct, Level 1)
- Job ID Number: 501
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) at The Graduate Center elevates scientific research and education at the CUNY and beyond through initiatives in five distinctive, but increasingly interconnected disciplines: environmental sciences, nanoscience, neuroscience, photonics, and structural biology. The ASRC promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary research culture with renowned researchers from each of the initiatives working side-by-side in the ASRC’s core facilities, sharing equipment that is among the most advanced available. To learn more about the ASRC, visit www.asrc.cuny.edu.
The ASRC is seeking an Accounts Receivable Associate for its core facilities. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring outstanding invoices, supporting payment reconciliation from multiple revenue streams, reaching out to customers regarding late payment status, and providing reports on collections. This position will report to the Administrative Coordinator at the Nanoscience Initiative, under the directive of the Finance Budget Director.
This is a part-time role. This position is for 10-20 hours per week, with a maximum of 225 hours for the Fall semester, 225 hours for the Spring semester, and 175 hours for the Summer semester.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Generate and distribute invoices relating to ASRC Core Facilities.
- Responsible for revenue recognition process on ASRC Core Facilities accounts.
- Review and process payments received to ensure all funds are accounted for.
- Monitor aging reports and follow-up on outstanding invoices.
- Provide reports on reconciliations and collections.
- Helps manage ASRC core facilities user database.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in finance and/or purchasing.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and research skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email) to email@example.com and write in the subject line: Accounts Receivable Associate.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.