College Assistant - Website Management
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-3-21
- Department: Office of Communications and Marketing
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Office of Communications and Marketing is seeking a part-time, technically savvy College Assistant to assist the office with web content management. The selected candidate will serve as a front-line representative of the web team, interacting with staff from GC offices, programs, centers, and institutes, to update and maintain web content, train users in the Content Management System (CMS), and resolve technical web-related issues. The position reports to the senior manager of institutional design.
Duties include but are not limited to:
•Handles web content updates, including posting press releases, news, and events items,updating faculty bios.
•Identifies and evaluates issues or possible improvements with the CMS and creates viable solutions.
•Assists with certain aspects of CMS management, maintenance, and troubleshooting/documentation.
•Helps train the GC community in the CMS, including creating documentation and other training materials, and leading or assisting with training sessions.
•Works to resolve and assist users in the CMS.
•Migrates external web content to the GC site.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
•High school diploma.
•Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
•Experience with creating and maintaining websites.
•Experience with Content Management Systems. Drupal a plus.
•Good planning and organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a project team; customer service experience a plus.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Familiarity with Adobe Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Effective communication skills; proficiency with the English language.
• Flexibility in scheduling is preferred.
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include Application for College Assistant Position in the subject line of the email.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.