Non-Teaching Adjunct, Level 1 - Website Management
- Job ID Number: NTA 6
- Department: Office of Communications & Marketing
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Office of Communications and Marketing is seeking a part-time, technically savvy Non-teaching Adjunct (NTA) to assist the office with website management.
The ideal candidate will have an IT background and will be vital in the management of several website environments, including the institutional Graduate Center website, Advanced Science Research Center website, and other various sites. The candidate will additionally help develop new features for our websites and assist in troubleshooting issues. The incumbent will report to the Director of Digital Media.
This position is for 225 hours for the Fall semester, 225 hours for the Spring semester, and 175 hours for the Summer semester.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handles the management of website environments, including updates to the CMS, site configurations, security issues, versioning, and other issues as they arise.
- Assists with code changes and the management of the development and deployment processes.
- Works on development of new website features and improvement of existing ones.
- Works on implementing additional WordPress plugins and Drupal modules.
- Acts as a liaison between our office and IT for backend website support, as well as necessary vendors,
- Communicates with cross-functional teams to identify challenges and improvements to processes and recommends ways to keep the GC website up-to-date and successful.
- Helps ensure accessibility standards for websites.
- Assists with Google Tag Manager implementation.
- Assists with certain aspects of CMS management, trains CMS users, and troubleshoots issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with creating and maintaining websites.
- Experience with Drupal development.
- Experience with industry-standard mobile-responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Proficient in WordPress, including theme and plugin development and dashboard customization.
- Experience with industry-standard code and project management tools such as Git and Composer.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a project team
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
- Effective communication skills; proficiency with the English language.
- Flexibility in scheduling is preferred.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Application for NTA Position in the subject line of the email.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.