- Job ID Number: 22858
- Department: Child Development and Learning Center
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: NOV 18, 2021
The Child Development and Learning Center at the CUNY Graduate Center seeks a part-time College Assistant. The position reports to the Director of Child Development and Learning Center. The schedule for this position is: M-Th, 10:00am-3:00pm (20 hours per week).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the head teacher in developing and implementing classroom curriculum in accordance with the philosophy of the center, which is reflective of the children’s development, interests, age and needs.
- Assist in planning additional activities which support each child’s individual goals.
- Assist in the supervision of the children to ensure their safety.
- Participate in staff and teaching team meetings.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences and curriculum meetings.
- Assist the head teacher with record keeping and reporting.
- Communicate in an effective manner (written and verbal).
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Maintain a professional relationship with parents.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of the classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|The preferred candidate will have proficiency with Microsoft Office, graphic design tools, and social media platforms, excellent attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply
Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 22858.
Click on "Apply Now" which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.