Sheltering in place simply means seeking immediate shelter inside a building. This course of action may be necessary during a release of toxic chemicals to the outside air. Air quality may be threatened and sheltering in place keeps you inside an area offering more protection.
1. Stay inside the building.
2. Close all doors and windows.
3. Seal off openings to your room if possible.
4. Do not use elevators as they may pump air through the building.
5. Remain in place until you are told that it is safe to leave.