Mphil Application

The Graduate Center awards the Master of Philosophy degree (M.Phil.) to doctoral students (with the exception of those enrolled in the Musical Arts or clinical doctoral programs) who are advanced to candidacy. Students will receive, along with the notice of advancement, an application-for-degree form for the Master of Philosophy degree, but if the form is not received it is the responsibility of any student wishing this degree to obtain one from the Registrar. Please note that the date of filing for the degree determines the date upon which the degree will be conferred.